wfw311 and samba

Darrin M. Gorski dgorski at ford.com
Tue Feb 10 18:54:29 GMT 1998

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:

> >> BTW, why not Win95? WfW is soooo unstable!

Oh, and Win95 is sooo stable? You obviously don't have 1500 Win95 PC's
on your network to deal with. ;)

> All the more reason to use Win95. It shines on slow 486s, that's about the
> only place it *does* shine, and Lap-tops. Everywhere else I run WinNTws

I disagree. Win95 is painful on slow machines (unless they have TONS of
RAM), and 3.1x is great as a single app OS. You just can't push it too
hard.

My $.02, of course.

                                [Darrin]

 "I have no special gift. I am only passionately curious."
				- A. Einstein

Darrin M. Gorski, Research Computer Systems Network Support
Scientific Research Laboratories, Ford Motor Company
Internet: dgorski at ford.com | Tel/Fax: +1 (313) 248-3753