wfw311 and samba

Roeland M.J. Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Tue Feb 10 18:42:15 GMT 1998

At 20:01 10-02-98 +1100, Dave Wreski wrote:

>> >Hi all.  I'm trying to set up a wfw311 workstation for samba-1.9.17 on a
>> >Linux box.
>
>> It is not. It is a driver disk. You install it like another protocol
>> driver. It has am oemsetup.inf file which will take care of this for you.
>>
>> You will then have setup dialogs which will allow you to assign IP address,
>> etc.
>
>Great, thanks.  Thanks also to Charlie Brady for pointing me to
>ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/Clients/WFW/
>
>> BTW, why not Win95? WfW is soooo unstable!
>
>Its a 486SX33 :)  Simply used to do OCR and write the text file to the
>server...

All the more reason to use Win95. It shines on slow 486s, that's about the
only place it *does* shine, and Lap-tops. Everywhere else I run WinNTws
(Linux servers, of course). I killed my last WfW machine over three years ago.

Roeland M.J. Meyer, ISOC (InterNIC RM993)
e-mail:		mailto:rmeyer at mhsc.com
Personalweb pages:	http://www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site:	http://www.mhsc.com/