logon script

Corey M. Wirun cmwirun at comcept.com
Tue Feb 10 16:10:42 GMT 1998

Hi All (again),

If there something special required to set up logon scripts under
samba-1.9.18p2.?  I don't seem to see anything even attempted
to be executed when a user logs in.

I created a netlogon resource like so:

[netlogon]
	comment = Network Connection
	browseable = yes
	writeable = no
	path = /usr/local/samba/netlogon

And I put a 'logon script = profile.bat' in the global section of
the smb.conf file.  profile.bat is rwxr--r-- and is owned by an id 'samba'.

Profile.bat has a 'net time' in it as well as the execution of a local
hard drive utility.

Has anyone else got this to work?  I've got Win95 and NT clients.

Thanks in advance.
Corey M. Wirun.

"This, of course, is impossible..." - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Corey M. Wirun, Senior Systems Engineer Comcept Canada (Calgary)
           cmwirun at comcept.com, cmwirun at cadvision.com