strange things ...

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Sun Feb 8 20:25:16 GMT 1998

> It seems I have a little problem. I have a local net with 4 computers; 2
> are running linux, the other 2 win95.
> 192.168.210.1-Linux
> 192.168.210.3-Linux
> 192.168.210.4-win95
> 192.168.210.23-win95
> 1,3 and 4 can see each other, and only 4 can see 23, 1 and 3 cant's see it
> and 23 can see only 4
> I performed an utscan (opening ports scan) on that computer and it seems
> there is no open port, which is pretty strange.
> Could it be a samba problem or what ???

I am assuming that you are talking about browsing.  I will need a little
more information to offer any advice.

For example...Are you running a WINS server?  All machine parts of the
same workgroup?  Have you followed the directions in docs/BROWSING.txt?

Feel free to contact me directly.
j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )