oplocks - NT redirector

David Collier-Brown davecb at Canada.Sun.COM
Wed Feb 4 12:20:56 GMT 1998

You mentioned:
| The Samba log files showed multiple errors such as:-
| check_file_sharing: NT redirector workaround - rename attempted on
batch
| oplocked file docs/some filename.doc, dev = 8000f3, inode = cfbe4

  Sounds like Word or Outlook was taking a batch oplock on a non-.BAT
file... unless outlook was using batch to do something complicated.

  Methinks we're seeing experienced MS developers depending on an
undocumented feature in the MS oplock implementation...

--dave
Willowdale, Ontario   | davecb at hobbes.ss.org, canada.sun.com
M2N 1Y3. 416-223-8968 | http://java.science.yorku.ca/~davecb