mangling and NTws 351

Jim Bramlette jbramlet at poci.amis.com
Tue Feb 3 22:50:11 GMT 1998

Sorry but I've missed something somewhere...

HPUX 10.01 , NIS
Samba 1.9.18p2
win 3.51 ws client service pack 5

A users is trying to map a home share with directories "Mail" and "mail"
and see both as the individual directories that they are.  I've tried
the name mangling options in smb.conf with no luck what-so-ever.
Debug=3 shows (./Mail) and [Mail] as the directory no matter which one
you cd to.  Which combination of options will allow different cased
directories to show up (or is NT the one doing the blocking)?  ie. NT
will not allow you to create Mail if mail exists.

Many TIA (and sorry for such a pathetic question)

[global]
  printing = hpux
  printcap name = /usr/local/samba/lib/printcap
  load printers = no
  guest account =  nobody
  security = user
  debug level = 2