oplocks - NT redirector

Page, Charles c.page at ic.ac.uk
Tue Feb 3 14:06:01 GMT 1998

[Page, Charles]  I have encountered a similar, but different problem. I
upgraded to Samba 1.9.18p2 but fairly soon had error reports from users
on NT v4 workstations. Word documents could be saved to Samba
directories using 'Save As' but had permissions problems when attempting
a simple 'Save'. Microsoft Outlook failed to print due to problems with
renaming 'outlprnt'.

The Samba log files showed multiple errors such as:-
check_file_sharing: NT redirector workaround - rename attempted on batch
oplocked file docs/some filename.doc, dev = 8000f3, inode = cfbe4

Inserting 'oplocks = false' in smb.conf cleared the problem.

There were no problems with WfWG or Win95 systems.
I would be happy to test Jeremy's patch.

Charles

Charles Page,   Computer Manager (St.Mary's)
Imperial College Centre for Computing Services
Norfolk Place, LONDON W2 1PG
tel:+44 (171) 886 1231;  fax:+44 (171) 886 6765
email: C.Page at ic.ac.uk