File lock request received by unix? - how to test?

J Poloniecki sggp300 at sghms.ac.uk
Tue Feb 3 12:08:53 GMT 1998

Everything seems to be O.K. with our samba setup, except that it does
not lock files. The fault could be, that file lock requests are not
being recieved from the remote PC.

Is there a way to know that a file lock request is received over
the network and is detected by the appropriate daemon (lockd?) on the unix
box? This would tell me if the problem really is with my samba
installation, or with the remote PC or perhaps even with routing the
packets containing the lock request between the PC and the unix box.

Jan

j.poloniecki at sghms.ac.uk
tel: +44 (0)181 725 2795 a.m. (0)181 672 4122 p.m.