Multiple Users

Michael Will Michael_Will at kingcrab.nrl.navy.mil
Mon Feb 2 20:31:08 GMT 1998

Help...

I have the following situation with the most current release of Samba.

I have a directory called share which is owned by user A.  User A is
basically a general account and no one really logs into it.  I have set up
SAMBA to use the NT Server passwords since we have a Windows NT domain.

User B logs in to a local Windows 95 machine.  Everything works.  His user
share on the UNIX machine (running SAMBA) shows up fine and he gets in
without entering in a password due to the NT authentication.

Problem, we are running an FTP server on the Windows 95 machine and it
points to the SAMBA share.  A mount point must be setup to mount F:\UNIX
machine\Share%User B.  Everything seems to work, but you can't write
anything to the share...   Not sure why?

# Samba share for htdocs
[share]
   comment = share drop folder
   path = /.../.../share
   valid users = User B, User A
   public = no
   writable = yes
   printable = no

Note: User A owns the files all the way through.  I am assuming because the
user A logged in first via the Windows 95/NT Domain, the mount point for
User B is not being used.

Can SAMBA use the Group permissions as well?  Can I have multiple Mounts
with different users?

Michael

--
Michael Will                    |   Voice: (202) 767-9196 Ext. 226
Naval Research Lab Code 8140    |   Fax:   (202) 404-8918
4555 Overlook Ave. SW           |   E-mail: will at kingcrab.nrl.navy.mil
Washington, DC 20375		|   Skypage: 1-800-SKY-PAGE #1528803

Key fingerprint =  B5BC B3BB 8995 D642 309F  9A12 9C4F D4A2 9774 DD13