WINS-Server

Andreas Mueller (WF94w2) amuelle1 at htwm.de
Mon Feb 2 09:02:38 GMT 1998

Hi,
I am new at this list. This is also my first contact with Samba. I
need it to set up a WINS-Server.
I have the following situation: 4 local networks and a
masqueraded backbone net connected with a linux box as router. The
WINS-Server should work for the 4 local networks.

This is my current configuration in smb.conf:

[global]
    allow hosts = 192.168.*.*
    bind interfaces only = True
    dns proxy = no
    interfaces = 192.168.2.250/24 192.168.3.250/24 192.168.4.250/24 ;
    netbios name = MCN-R1
    wins support = yes
    wins proxy = yes
    workgroup = MCN

Is this correct? What do I have to do, to see all the available hosts
from the other networks on Windows NT in then Network Neighborhood as
like they where in the network of the NT-Host? My intentional is that
the users on the 4 networks can simply see all of their collegs on
the hole local net.

Bye,
Andreas Mueller