Problems with 1.9.18p2

Andrej Borsenkow borsenkow.msk at sni.de
Mon Feb 2 07:17:22 GMT 1998

On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Magnus Hammerin wrote:

> I still have problems moving files in a "DOS-box" in NT. The p1 release
> hang for about 30 seconds before moving the file, and now I get an error
> saying something to the effect of "A duplicat filename exists, or the
> file cannot be found". If I copy the file it works.

Try setting oplocks = no for this share and look what happens.

SMBmv + oplocks again? It is exactly 30 seconds timeout ... Magnus, I also
have seen, that SAMBA refuses to move file, but couldn't reliably
reproduce it (I almost always get timeout). If you can, you should
probably speak with Jeremy on this matter.

Andrej Borsenkow 		Fax:   +7 (095) 252 01 05
SNI ITS Moscow			Tel:   +7 (095) 252 13 88

NERV:  borsenkow.msk		E-Mail: borsenkow.msk at sni.de