public service & NT password server problem

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Sun Feb 1 02:36:09 GMT 1998

On Sat, 31 Jan 1998, Bruce Cook wrote:

> Wouldn't it be possible to build samba so that unknown users can be
> authenticated as guest, and then later check their access to the share
> with the "guest ok = yes" option.
>
> This would allow a mixed system with some guest shares, as well as
> properly authenticated shares.

Yes.  #define GUEST_SESSETUP 1 in source/local.h and make sure that you
define public = no in each local share that you do not wish to allow such
access.

I just preferred to have a separate server doing this.  totally my
opinion.

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )