"wide links" parameter and symlinks

Peter McCool PeterMc at qml.com.au
Thu Dec 24 05:46:04 GMT 1998

Hi,

I have been having some trouble getting samba to deal with symlinks
the way I want it to. What I want is to allow symlinks within the scope
of the current share only, but not outside of it. I can stop symlinks
being followed at all, with "follow symlinks = no", but if I turn
"follow
symlinks" on, all symlinks seem to be followed whether "wide links"
is set or not. The only way I have been able to do it is by adding code
to server.c.

What I'm wondering is: have I missed some way to achieve this with
wide links/follow symlinks/some other parameter? I've searched the
archives without success.

Thanks,

Peter

Peter McCool(petermc at qml.com.au) - System Administrator - QML - Brisbane