Slowness and Write problem

Stefano Colombo stefcol at tin.it
Wed Dec 23 11:08:57 GMT 1998

I'm experiencing a problem that it seems I couldn't solve by myself, so
please take a minute to help me ;-)
I'm running a samba server 1.9.18p10 on a HPUX 10.20 box.

The problems arise when the clients ( all NT 4SP3 workstations  ) have to
save into a samba'share.
The process is quite slow and seldom hung.
The worst case is with a CAD Application ( Pro Engineer ) which sometimes
can't save the file with an , apparently NT's, error which follow "Error
moving from buffer to ..... "

Any help is greatly appreciated

Stefano Colombo  MCP (email : scolombo at cdmtecno.pr.it )
CDM Tecnoconsulting SPA , v. G Marconi 25 , 43050 Sorbolo Italy
Tel. + 39 0521 669511
Fax. + 39 0521 669527
scolombo at cdmtecno.pr.it
www.cdmtc.it