SWAT features

Scott D. Webster swebster at carroll.com
Sat Dec 19 01:37:02 GMT 1998

On Sat, 19 Dec 1998, Michael Parker wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 18, 1998 at 05:07:45PM +1100, samba at samba.org wrote:
> > Do people think this is the right settings for each of the
> > parameters? Do we need to move any of the "ADVANCED"
> > entries to the "BASIC" page? Do we need to add any that
> > are listed as "no"?
> >
> > Inquiring minds want to know......
>
> Not exactly related but a feature that would be great to have is the
> ability to add entries to the username map from the web interface.
> I'm in an environment where the NT admins are very nervous about using
> vi from the command line. So adding map editing ability to SWAT
> appeals to me.

	More suggestions:

	A "swat preexec" and a "swat postexec" option to back up your
smb.conf, run RCS on it, etc., just in case SWAT eats it.
	SWAT-specific "hosts allow" and "hosts deny" options.
	A SWAT-specific log file.

Scott D. Webster                              swebster at carroll.com
Etc Services                                   Voice: 201.385.7113
Linux, UNIX, & TCP/IP Network Consulting       Pager: 800.379.2402