Samba Deleting Files

Dan Kaminsky effugas at best.com
Sun Dec 20 08:12:03 GMT 1998

Boy was this embarassing to discover.

Lemme guess, you're sharing a folder in /tmp :-)

Move it to /usr/local/shares and you'll be fine.

Now, there's a huge chance this isn't your problem, but it WAS mine and I
lost a significant amount of data to it.  I also drove a major hole in to
the wall with my head when I realized how obvious the error should have been
to me :-)

(/tmp clears out old files automatically in many Cron scripts.)

---
In the works of Spelling, a predominant concept is the distinction between
ground and figure. In a sense, the example of textual discourse which is a
central theme of Beverly Hills 90210 emerges again in Models, Inc.. Many
situationisms concerning the bridge between class and sexual identity may be
discovered.
(   http://www.cs.monash.edu.au/cgi-bin/postmodern  )