8.3 filename format

Scott D. Webster swebster at carroll.com
Sat Dec 19 02:03:04 GMT 1998

On Sat, 19 Dec 1998, Daniel Krantz wrote:

> I am running 1.9.18p8 on our production server and 2.0beta4 on a test
> server. Both are HP-UX 10.20. Hundreds of happy end-users quietly
> sharing files. Except one. He runs the Adobe Acrobat Catalog program
> on his Windows NT 4.0 machine. It fails, whether connected to the
> production server or test server. Granted, this is an old application
> that utilizes the 16-bit windows APIs and Adobe has no plans for
> an upgrade.

	You say "It fails"...  In what manner does it fail?  Have you
looked in the logs to see what's happening when it fails?  Try looking at
the logs and increasing the debug level until you find something
interesting.

Scott D. Webster                              swebster at carroll.com
Etc Services                                   Voice: 201.385.7113
Linux, UNIX, & TCP/IP Network Consulting       Pager: 800.379.2402