SWAT features

Michael Parker parker at austx.tandem.com
Fri Dec 18 13:37:42 GMT 1998

On Fri, Dec 18, 1998 at 05:07:45PM +1100, samba at samba.org wrote:
> Here is a current listing of the parameters that can be changed
> by SWAT in each of the 3 pages.  A "no" means it does not
> appear in that page. "BASIC" means it shows in the basic view.
> "ADVANCED" means it only shows in the advanced view
> (unless its value is non default, in which case it shows in the
> basic view as well).
>
> Do people think this is the right settings for each of the
> parameters? Do we need to move any of the "ADVANCED"
> entries to the "BASIC" page? Do we need to add any that
> are listed as "no"?
>
> Inquiring minds want to know......

Not exactly related but a feature that would be great to have is the
ability to add entries to the username map from the web interface.
I'm in an environment where the NT admins are very nervous about using
vi from the command line. So adding map editing ability to SWAT
appeals to me.

Of course if someone else had a better idea, that would be great too.

Michael