Swat parameters

Detlef Lammermann detlef.lammermann at er.materna.de
Fri Dec 18 07:40:16 GMT 1998

Herbert Lewis schrieb:

> Here is a current listing of the parameters that can be changed
> by SWAT in each of the 3 pages.  A "no" means it does not
> appear in that page. "BASIC" means it shows in the basic view.
> "ADVANCED" means it only shows in the advanced view
> (unless its value is non default, in which case it shows in the
> basic view as well).
>
> Do people think this is the right settings for each of the
> parameters? Do we need to move any of the "ADVANCED"
> entries to the "BASIC" page? Do we need to add any that
> are listed as "no"?

Your choice is quite right, IMO.
But some parameters I use at nearly every share are tagged 'advanced'.
I would like to see the following in the 'basic' group (for shares):

> valid users                     ADVANCED        ADVANCED        no
> write list                      ADVANCED        ADVANCED        no
> force group                     no              ADVANCED        no
> create mask                     ADVANCED        ADVANCED        no
> force create mode               ADVANCED        ADVANCED        no
> directory mask                  ADVANCED        ADVANCED        no
> force directory mode            ADVANCED        ADVANCED        no

-- Detlef
                                                                    ////
                                                                   (Q Q)
Detlef Lammermann    eMail: detlef.lammermann at er.materna.de
Dr. Materna GmbH     X.400: /G=Detlef/S=Lammermann/O=ER/P=MATERNA/A=UMI-DE/C=DE/
Wetterkreuz 3        Voice: +49 9131 7723-60
D-91058 Erlangen     Fax:   +49 9131 7723-45