smbmount problem

jpff at maths.bath.ac.uk jpff at maths.bath.ac.uk
Thu Dec 17 15:05:54 GMT 1998

Environment: the machine montague is a Linux P266, and lansky is a SGI
Indigo.

The entry in /etc/init.d/ on montague says
/usr/bin/smbmount /lansky/jpf /net/lansky/jpff -n -u 1000 -g 1000

and it runs OK as root when all booted.  But as a startup line in
rc2.d (S98smb so as to be late) it says

Dec 17 09:37:35 montague kernel: smb_dont_catch_keepalive: server->data_ready == NULL

I am starting smbd/nmbd from /etc/service and /etc/inet.conf as
daemons.  It seems that it is not able to mount this disk on boot,
possibly because something is not yet ready?  What am I doing wrong?

==John ffitch