SAMBA 2.0 Packaging request

JOHN MALMBERG LNUSSAT.JMALMBER at eds.com
Wed Dec 16 02:38:09 GMT 1998

Paul <plussier at baynetworks.com > wrote:
>I'm assuming you're ftp'ing it to a Unix machine.  Why not untar it
>to the system you're ftp'ing it to

Actually my choices are either a AlphaStation running OpenVMS 7.1 or a Windows
NT 4.0 system for the download.

On the target system, the choices are floppies to a Windows 95 system, and then
use SMBD (Currently 1.19 pre-alpha) to put the file on the OpenVMS 5.5-2 with
CMU-IP stack.  Or TK50 directly.

If I have to unpack after the download, it is usually faster to put the
unpacked files on the slow tape, then to repack and feed the floppies.  I do
not have the ability to re-tar or re-zip on the windoze box yet.

-John