Net help analyzing logfiles: Printer permissions in Domain

Robert Dahlem Robert.Dahlem at frankfurt.netsurf.de
Wed Dec 16 00:43:00 GMT 1998

Marc,

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998 01:03:19 +1100, Marc Haber wrote:

>When I try to access the printer with my own username, it works fine.
>As soon as I have the account that is destined to do the printing
>print, it can't log in.

I'm not quite sure if this opens a security hole: Did you try to setup your share
with "public = yes"?

Your logs show that samba changes the account to the guest account ("nobody") when
it does not find the user validated by the password server in its local
/etc/passwd.

It might be worth checking if "valid users" is checked before or after "public =
yes" or if this opens the share to everyone.

Hasta la vista,
               Robert

Robert.Dahlem at frankfurt.netsurf.de
Radio Bornheim - 2:2461/332 at fidonet +49-69-4930830  (ZyX, V34)
                 2:2461/326 at fidonet +49-69-94414444 (ISDN X.75)