SAMBA 2.0 Packaging request

Paul L. Lussier plussier at BayNetworks.COM
Tue Dec 15 22:37:58 GMT 1998

In a message dated: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 08:58:37 +1100
JOHN MALMBERG said:

>I do not know how many others are in this case, but I must use either floppies
>or tapes to transport the Samba product after I download it.

I would guess very few :)

>Floppies are more convenient than tape because the tape medium is TK50 on
>OpenVMS and it is very slow.
>
>Is is possible to produce the production release in a two archive set so that
>it can be more easily sneaker-netted?

I'm assuming you're ftp'ing it to a Unix machine.  Why not untar it
to the system you're ftp'ing it to, then use tar to tar it up across multiple
floppies?  Get GNU tar for both the Unix system and the OpenVMS system
and your problem is solved.
--

Seeya,
Paul
plussier at baynetworks.com
Broadband Technology Division - Bay Networks (now a Nortel Company, Eh? :)