mounting an arbitrary directory?

Steve Hsieh steveh at eecs.umich.edu
Tue Dec 15 20:25:52 GMT 1998

Thank you to everyone who responded to this.  A couple of followup
questions if you don't mind (since I currently don't have the book that
apparently is well recommended)

1. Is there a reason why '_' is used instead of '/'?
2. What kind of security implications are there? What additional risks are
   there that make this more risky than a regular unix user accessing an
   arbitrary directory?

Thanks,
Steve