Printing from AIX to a NTW box.

Peter.Fredriksson at Skriptor.com Peter.Fredriksson at skriptor.com
Tue Dec 15 10:27:40 GMT 1998

Hi,

I have a question that I have not been able to find an answer to in the
standard docs, but if it is documented (or possible...), please point me in
the right direction.

I would like to print FROM our RS/6000 F50 running AIX (4.3) to a printer
connected to a (in all other aspects: client) Pentium running WNT
workstation (4 SP3)...

Is this possible?
Can it be done with samba, and if so, how?
If not, does anyone know of any other tool to do this?

I already have samba set up on the AIX running without problems (just disk
shares), and I have some exp. with both UN*X and samba, but this is a (to
me) unknown thing.

My best regards,
Peter Fredriksson
Systems administrator