Samba 2.0 stuff for a newbie

Bill Parker billp at mail.lvdi.net
Mon Dec 14 01:58:07 GMT 1998

Hello,

	This is my 2nd attempt at running Samba on my linux box at work, but i
thought i would ask some basic questions:

	David Bandel suggested i upgrade to 2.0, so i did..:)

	Now, what i want to do is the following:

	Be able to access the linux box from a 95/98 or NT workstation, now i know
this can be done since my box "odie" showed up in the network neighborhood
list on a few machines, but i couldn't log into it if i double clicked on
"odie"...can someone give me a few pointers? (I don't have a printer
attached to the linux box, if that makes it easier)...

-Bill