backup PC client

Oto.Ronckevic at socpoist.sk Oto.Ronckevic at socpoist.sk
Fri Dec 11 13:13:22 GMT 1998

I began with Samba 1.9.18.p10. on SunOs 5.6. I try backup PC(Windows95)
with this:
smbclient \\\\pcbig\\test
..
..
smb:\> recurse
smb:\> directory recursion is now on
smb:\> tar c /dev/rmt/0

Until it is OK.

But restore has error:
smb:\> tar x /dev/rmt/0
smb:\> restore tar file \test1.txt of size 70 bytes
smb:\> Updating creation date on \testfolder1\
smb:\> ERRDOS - 50 setting attributes on file \\testfolder1\
smb:\> Could not set time on file : \\testfolder1\

Where \\testfolder1\ is folder. It can be with or without national
letter (I has "client code page = 852"), so it end with this error.
What I have to do to correct this hangup? Can someone help me ?

Oto Ronckevic
Social INSURANCE, branch office, Slovakia
Oto.Ronckevic at socpoist.sk