hosts.allow

Janet Dickson janet at bioss.sari.ac.uk
Tue Dec 8 14:33:39 GMT 1998

Hi
	If I add a specific machine to my hosts allow list in the global
section of my smb.conf, then that machine can access any of the shares
on that server.  If I only add the machine to a hosts allow list in a
specific share, when I try and connect to that share from that machine I
get an error :
'Specified computer did not recieve your request' and in log.smb :
'Connection denied from <IP aaddress>'

	Is this meant to happen ?  (testparm says the machine is allowed to
connect to the single share.)  I'm running Samba Samba version 1.9.18p7
on Solaris 2.4

	Janet

Janet Dickson                        |
http://www.bioss.sari.ac.uk/~janet
Biomathematics & Statistics Scotland | email: janet at bioss.sari.ac.uk
The King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd    | Telephone: +44 (0) 131 650 4888
Edinburgh EH9 3JZ, Scotland, UK.     | Fax: +44 (0) 131 650 4901