Samba, ACL and read only flag

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Tue Dec 8 10:10:44 GMT 1998

Hello,

I have a problem with ACL, when a non owner tries to access a file, to which
he otherwise has full access over (DEC Unix) ACLs. He can read it, but it is
write protected (checked with smbclient). We are using samba-1.9.18p7.

I browsed the archives and saw that someone had reported this in August (with
Solaris ACLs) and mentioned a fast fix. So my question is whether this has
been fixed, and if yes, whether a 1.9.18x version of Samba deals nicely with
it? (We wouldn't like to switch to 2.0 beta, due to our production
environment).

Thanks, Axel.
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de Axel.Thimm at ifh.de