Odd roving profiles problem

Eric J. Schwertfeger ejs at bfd.com
Mon Dec 7 17:48:49 GMT 1998

Just a quick question to see if anyone else has seen this problem.  I have
roving profiles almost working.  There are two minor problems, however.

First is that files on the desktop don't get syncronized.  Shortcuts and
folders do, but not files, even if in folders.

Second, on a machine that I've specified to share everything but the Start
menu, I get an empty Start Menu if I log on with someone who has a profile
that was created from a different machine.

Has anyone seen/fixed either of these problems?  I'm running Samba
2.0beta1, and will be upgrading to beta2 soon.