where to get timesync.pif ?

Juan Carlos Castro y Castro jcastro at pcshop.com.br
Wed Dec 2 22:01:48 GMT 1998

You can create it with both hands tied to your back (provided you have a pencil
near and skilled lips & tongue :)

Create a new shortcut in your desktop and when Windows asks for a command line
type this:

NET TIME \\SERVERNAME /SET /YES

Where SERVERNAME is the Network-Neghborhood name of your Samba server. Then give

it the name TIMESYNC. After that, alter its properties so that (1) It runs
minimized and (2) it closes upon exit.

You'll see that double-clicking your newly-created icon syncs your clock with
that of your server.

You may instruct Windows to run the PIF every time you log on, for instance
moving it to the "Start Menu/Programs/Start" folder or writing its name after
the LOAD= line in (ouch!) WIN.INI. Don't try to have it run before logon; it
won't work.

CUL8R

--

ROTINJAILPINOCHET*APODREÇANACADEIAPINO
*          Valeu, LORDES!            C
T         That's it LORDS!           H
E        Enhorabuena LORDES!         E  OGY IS POLICY @ THE END
HCONIPLECRACALNESARDUPETEUQ*LIAJNITORT  L     *****************
                                        O     *     FIGHT     *
UST NO ONE @ DE  E @ BELIEVE THE LIE @ AP     *      THE      *
R             N  T                            *   FUTURE!!!   *
   \  \ /  /     CSUFBO @ EVRES RO TSISER @ ELGIEVNI @ EVIECED @ ET E @
     \   /    V |Juan Carlos Castro y Castro                    | H   S
     /   \    E |jcastro at pcshop.com.br                          |   A E
    /  ^  \   R |Linuxeiro, alvinegro, X-Phile e Carioca Folgado| O A I
   /  / \  \  Y |Diretor de Informática e Eventos Sobrenaturais | GIN D
   ~~~   ~~~  T |da E-RACE CORPORATION                          |
              ING @ E PUR SI MUOVE @ THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE @ EVERYTHIN