where to get timesync.pif ?

Jim Watt jimw at pe-nelson.com
Wed Dec 2 21:35:24 GMT 1998

--On 12/3/98, 7:55 AM +1100 Geoff Short wrote:

} The Samba FAQ mentions a program called timesync to update the
} system clock on clients from the server.  The download address in the
} FAQ is out of date - where can I get a copy ?

Or Tardis/K9 - NTP clients (or server, in the case of Tardis).
We have one machine that's synchronized to several of the Stratum
1 timeservers on the Internet.  It broadcasts NTP to the LAN,
which enables K9 to be used.  It _only_ listens for NTP broadcasts,
while Tardis can be set up to poll for time to one or a specified
list of timeservers.

Both very stable, both run as a service under NT, both have
very reasonable licensing terms.

Here's where to look at/obtain them: http://www.kaska.demon.co.uk

Jim
--
Jim Watt                               jimw at PE-Informatics.COM
Perkin-Elmer Corporation               Voice (desk): +1 408 577 2228