PC Backup Script?

Ernie Oporto ernie_oporto at mentorg.com
Wed Dec 2 03:20:27 GMT 1998

Try these scripts, which use amanda.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/9276/sambascripts.html

------------------------------
I am trying to setup my Sun running samba 1.9.18p10 so that it can
backup my dept's PCs.  I can get it to work manually using the
smbclient command with no problem.  What I would like to do is have
a script that is able to take a list of PCs, determine if a PC is online,
backup that PC, then move on to the next one.  If a PC is down,
it can report an error to the admin to state that the backup was not
performed.  Does anybody out there have anything that might
be able to help me out?

Thanks in advance,

Rick Johnson
http://members.spree.com/sip/shokk/