getting started with SAMB - I think
Scherer, Mark A.
SCHERERMA at nima.mil
Fri Aug 28 16:31:01 GMT 1998
I have NT 4.0 , Solaris x86 2.5 , and RedHat Linux 5.0 on
my work computer.
The Building uses NT 4.0 as its network. about 3000 users
I want to just to be able to use NT 4.0 printers from unix, and
I don't think it's possible, hook up with MicroSoft Exchange
to get to my E-Mail from UNIX.
I can use Netscape from both UNIX'es above.
I know the Following:
1) my IP address
2) my gateway/Router , DNS servers , net mask
3) FTP_Proxy - GOPHER_Proxy - HTTP_Proxy - WAIS_Proxy
4) When I sign on to NT 4.0 my Domain is named "SILVER" and I
enter my user name and paswd
5) But the printers I use are on server named "Gotjs06"
6) Under "my computer" there is a drive of type network with -
SchererMa$ on "Gotjs06" (H:)
so I guess I'm logged onto Gotjs06.
7) what I have tried so far on Solaris is this :
a) put RedHat example smb.conf in a place (lib) where
smbclient could find it.
b) edited smb.conf and put "GOLD" in a place calling
for a domain name.
c) ran smbclient -L Gotjs06
d) it doesn't really report alot of errors but reports
server not found.
More information about the samba