Interesting Printing Issue

Cary T. Conrad conrad at osystems.com
Thu Aug 27 03:31:58 GMT 1998

At one of our sites we have a Solaris 2.51 box running 1.9.17.

All of the clients are win95B.

When these users print(printing is spooled on the Solaris machine) all
applications on the PC are frozen until the printing is finished. Pretty
cool, but not for the users.

My suspicion is that there is some information that samba is sending to the
PC's that is confusing them.

Any experience out there with this type of issue?

CC
* 			Message Secure Corporation              	*
* 			30 Westech Drive 		     		*
*			Tyngsboro, MA  01879                  	*
*			978-649-5432  Voice 	                   	*
*  			Best Way: conrad at messagesecure.com  	*