Winpoopup via ppp

Tony N tonynich at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 27 01:01:17 GMT 1998

A short time ago I wrote regarding browsing a network from a remote site
connected via Windows 95 ppp - and recieved help - thank you. I enabled
WINS on the server and pointed the Win95 Network WINS setting to that IP
number.

Now... is there a way to get winpopup to send/recieve messages via that
same connection. At the moment, this happens:-

1) I am warned that Netware can only handle 39 charactors. I am not
using any netware protocols.
2) If I then attempt to send a short (< 39 chars) I am told that
winpopup can't find the machine. It is visable via network
neighbourhood.

I am using samba 1.9.18p8, on a SCO5 box.

Ta!
Tony Nichols
tnichols at bedford-ind.com.au
tonynich at hotmail.com