announcing multiple aliases of the samba server

Michael Krause michael.krause at gwl.com
Tue Aug 25 14:48:05 GMT 1998

Hello,

We are running a TCP/IP based network with Solaris 2.51 and an NT 4.0
SP3 based Domain.  We have a Samba server and have multiple aliases for
that server.  We need to have those aliases show up in our browse list
(from WindowsNT/95).  I have added the following line in the smb.conf to
resemble the following:

netbios aliases = inv-datastor-srv inv-print-srv
remote announce = 143.199.60.255 143.199.61.255

We restarted all samba services but can't see the aliases in any browse
list.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike Krause