Compiling with SCO

Tekno Soft Snc teknosoft at mclink.it
Fri Aug 21 16:26:54 GMT 1998

to> Has anybody tried to to compile SAMBA using gcc
to> under SCO unix 5? This may just be a problem I'm
to> having using the gcc compiler, but I'm having
to> problems. I would just like to know if anyone's
to> done it, and any special problems they may have
to> had.

Yes :-))! I'm currently working with samba 1.9.18p8 compiled with gcc
2.7.2.1 provide by SCO
in your Skunkware WEB page. The binary are compiled as ELF and below there
is a snip of my Makefile.
Again, you can look on my Samba page at
http://www.oronline.net/utenti/teknosoft/Docs/Samba.htm,
here you can download my current Samba version.

# Add any optimisation or debugging flags here
# add -DSYSLOG for syslog support
FLAGS1 = -melf -m486 -O2 -malign-loops=4 -malign-jumps=4
-malign-functions=4
LIBS1 =

# Use this for SCO OpenServer 5 with TCB passwords (default) and GCC.
CC      = gcc
FLAGSM = -DSCO -DSecureWare -DEVEREST -DUSE_MMAP -DALLOW_CHANGE_PASSWORD
LIBSM  = -lprot -lcurses -lcrypt -lsocket -lPW -lm -lx -lc_s -lc

Bye!

Roberto Fichera
TeknoSOFT S.n.c.