Some guidelines on remote samba-only NT subnets with NT PDC

Martin Brown brownm at sg.adisys.com.au
Fri Aug 21 05:45:16 GMT 1998

I am investigating putting samba servers at our ISDN connected remote
sites. We have an NT PDC as well as a large samba file server at our
central site. This system would replace the existing remote NT BDC
setup which requires many visits from the NT administrators.

Are there any guidelines on what samba and NT settings work best in
this environment?

For example:

- How should user's profiles be setup?
- How should user's logon scripts be setup?
- What's the best WINS configuration?
- How can I increase reliability so that a failed ISDN link doesn't
  prevent people loggin in at the remote sites?

Should I even be considering this set up?

Thanks

--
	 Martin Brown, UNIX Systems and Network Administrator
Phone: +61 2 9325 1645  Fax: 9325 1600  Email: martin.brown at sg.adisys.com.au