Remote announcing - Help!

Sanborn, Ed esanborn at northc.com
Thu Aug 20 20:56:03 GMT 1998

I have a Samba 1.9.18p8 server running fine on a particular network:

>From smb.conf:

    interfaces = 138.120.247.0/24

..and all works well with PC's on that network accessing the Samba
server.

Now for the tricky part.

I want to move all of my computers to a new
Class C network: 192.168.164.0
I have the router setup with DNS working, etc.  I migrated one machine
over to that network.  All works
well except I now cannot see the Samba server.

I have setup my remote announce definition as follows:

   remote announce = 192.168.164.255

But still I cannot see the Samba server from this new network.  Any
ideas would be appreciated.

-Ed

Ed Sanborn                (978) 691-6496
Northchurch Communications Inc.
5 Corporate Drive
Andover, MA. 01810    Fax (978) 691-6300
http://www.northc.com