Users Become Nobody

Andrej Borsenkow borsenkow.msk at sni.de
Thu Aug 20 13:54:10 GMT 1998

Interesting. I remeber, that every now and then I could not access my drives on SAMBA 1.9.18p8. I must admit I didn't check user id in this case.
After disconnecting and reconnecting again using Explorer I got normal permissions again. It sounds very close to the above problem. SAMBA was running with user level security. Currently I am running with server level security and so far have not seen this problem again.  The client is WInNT4.0SP3. But I have reinstalled it since then and added the latest post-SP3 hotfixes. Some of them are related to security, so I am not sure, if it is SAMBA or NT problem.

/Andrej