LDAP with Samba

Sean E. Millichamp sean at compu-aid.com
Thu Aug 20 13:33:56 GMT 1998

On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Jay Christner wrote:

> I was running through the cvs.log and I noticed that there was a bunch
> of stuff on LDAP authentication.  I haven't seen anything on the
> official releases about this yet, and I was wondering when/if it was
> coming, or if it was already there and just undocumented.  Anybody?
[snip]

They are adding support for multiple account database backends to the NT
Domain controller code for an upcoming version of Samba and LDAP is one of
the ones that appears to be planned for support "out of the box".

I don't think that part of the code is in a useable state yet.

That's just what I have gathered from the samba-ntdom mailing list.  I'm
not working on it myself so I could be wrong :)

Best,
Sean