Users Become Nobody

Eddie Young lisey at ukoln.ac.uk
Thu Aug 20 13:10:42 GMT 1998

Hello

We recently upgraded samba on our UNIX to version 1.9.18p1 partly
because sometimes users would become NOBODY rather than their username
and this was screwing up the permissions of the files they save or try to
read.
But this version is doing it too. It seems to be random. Every so often
Ill run smbstatus and have a look and a handfull of users are logged on
as NOBODY.
These clients are various NT and 95 machines but this is happening to
both.
Ive also found that Network drives become disconnected everyso often and
have to be remapped?

Can anyone help?

Thanks very much

eddie

Systems Support
UK Office for Library and Information Networking
University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK            Voice: +44 1225 826450