xcopy failures

Sudarsan Varadan sudarsan.varadan at wang.com
Tue Aug 18 15:36:11 GMT 1998

Hi

	I had sent a mail about a week ago regarding a xcopy problem I had.  I am
trying to copy an image of an nt workstation from an unixware 2.1.3 server
running samba 1.9.18p8.  Initially the client is a dos client, who connects
to the unixware server and downloads files using xcopy.  My problem after
copying a certain number of files xcopy fails with path not found.   On
further investigation I figured out that this happens if the number of
characters in the directory structure exceeds 48 characters  i.e xcopy
c:\aa\a\a\a\aa\a\a\a\a\....... , I never used to have this problem when I
was using netbeui as my protocol.  Since I changed to samba for my lan
needs, I have to use the tcp-ip stack.  Can anyone out there please help me
out with this.  Thanks in advance.

Sonny Varadan