Missing directories

Sikes, Robert L. (Bob) sikesrob at pwfl.com
Tue Aug 18 11:32:11 GMT 1998

I've asked this question before, but got no response so I'll
try one more time...

I am running Samba 1.9.18p4 under Solaris 2.5.1.  The PC clients
are a mix of NT 4.0, NT 3.5, and W95.

I have customers that, when they connect to a share, they may not
see all of the directories under that share.  Others may connect to
the same share at the same time, and see the missing directories.
It happens under all of the different clients at different times.  The
next day (or maybe later the same day, or a few days after), the
original customer can see the directories, and then a few days later,
they will be gone again.

If you know the file you are after, you can just open it by typing in
the path and file name (instead of point and click), and it will work.
It is just that they can not see the files under File Manager or
Explorer.  There seems to be no pattern to the directories that are
left out, but they do seem to always be the same ones for a given
user.

Any ideas???

Bob Sikes
sikesrob at pwfl.com