Word 97 and permission problems

AJ Prowant aj.prowant at ansys.com
Mon Aug 17 21:08:30 GMT 1998

Question for Everyone,
  We are running 1.9.18p8 on hpux 10.20.  This particular machine has a
directory called docommon that is writable by anyone.  The problem we
are having is that whenever someone opens a file with word 97, then
saves it, they own the file and the permissions are -rw-r--r--.  Thus,
no one else can open the file.  How can we make the files keep the
-rw-rw-rw setting?  Please CC: me as I am not on the samba list.

Thanks,
AJ

+----------- Behind it all, there's ANSYS ------------+
| AJ Prowant                     aj.prowant at ansys.com |
| Jr. Systems Administrator      724-514-3607 (voice) |
| Information Technology         724-514-3117 (fax)   |
| Ansys Inc.                     http://www.ansys.com |