SAMBA digest 1775

Matthew Chapman z2232203 at student.unsw.edu.au
Thu Aug 13 02:11:59 GMT 1998

There is a bug in the Microsoft LanManger implementation which mismaps
long filenames for 16-bit applications - thus 16-bit apps run from
long path names on networked shares will often fail. Try sharing the
apps from the same pathname on a Win95 client and running them under
NT - I suspect the same thing will happen. Workaround: don't use long
filenames.

    Matt

 --
Matt Chapman