SAMBA digest 1775

Alex Ardalich alex at gsm.adelaide.edu.au
Wed Aug 12 03:19:19 GMT 1998

> Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 19:06:07 -0400
> Subject: Failure to execute programs from a mapped drive letter on a
samba

> I have a strange situation.  I have a Linux machine running samba
> 1.9.18p8, serving a mix of NT Workstation 4.0 and Windows 95 clients.
In
> general, things have worked flawlessly, with one exception: none of the
> clients are able to execute programs stored on these shares.  Full
reading
> and writing to the shares is possible; and even though I cannot see how
it
> would be relevant, the execute bits are set to all files.  I can provide
> needed portions of my smb.conf file as needed.  Any suggestions or
> comments are most welcome.

I have noticed it can depend on the share name or maybe the name of
the directory it is in

For example I have the two following shares...

1.) General

2.) StaffShare
	folders under this share have names like
	Alex_Ardalich

If I put an app in 'Alex_Ardalich' I get something like a file not
found errors.

An app in a folder under the General share runs fine.

Alex