win98 and samba servers

Mahmut Vural ERKOC vural at serv.math.metu.edu.tr
Tue Aug 11 14:47:16 GMT 1998

I am new to this list, so excuse me if this is a duplicate question.

I am trying to access a directory which is password protected for a
username in /etc/passwd and shadow. Win 95 has no problems acessing the
directories using windows logon name as name and asking passwd for the
directory for that user name. When I upgraded to win 98, the directories
became inaccesible. I checked log.<machine> and found that win 98 is
trying to access to those directories as user guest neglecting whatever
i've written to windows logon. I am not using any windows NT for logon.
Does anybody has solution to this problem, i want win 98 to enter
directories with usernames not as guest.

Thanks,
Vural ERKOC