Roaming profiles

Mojahedul Hoque Abul Hasanat mojahed at citechco.net
Sat Aug 8 16:16:15 GMT 1998

I want to setup a linux box with samba as a file and print server for a
LAN of 20 NT 4.0 SP3 workstations. I want the home direcotories to be on
the server the clients to have roaming profiles.

For this, do I have to make the linux box a domain controller? I want to
avoid it if I can, because the domain control code in not on the
production releases. I don't want to setup an NT server either.

If I must do it, how robust is it (clients will mainly run MS office
apps)? I don't want to give the 'decision maker' any point against linux.

Many thanks in advance.